My identity on this blog will appear as RoAnn (a contraction of my given names, Rosalie Ann) because that is the name I have used to protect my privacy when posting or commenting on public blogs, and it is attached to my Blogger account.
I'm excited about participating in this challenge because I have become lazy in my exercising and eating habits, and have gained weight that makes me feel tired and sluggish. I have been fortunate to enjoy relatively good health for most of my adult life, even though I have rarely been really physically fit.
As I grow older, I think I can remain healthy only if I am more careful about what I eat, and exercise to become more fit. Osteoporisis is a real danger for women of my body type, and unless I do strength exercises and eat properly, I could end up with a deformed spine, or broken bones.
I hope to return to exercising regularly, eat in a more healthy way, drink more water regularly, and lose at least 10 of the 12 pounds I need to lose to be at what I consider my optimum weight. I have more energy and generally feel better when I am more flexible, have better muscle tone, and have a lower percentage of body fat.
Thanks for all your efforts to set up this challenge, complete with tracking sheets and this blog, Audrey! I know that the encouragement we give each other will really help us to reach our goals!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't know how to start a new post. So, I'll just post here.
JULIE'S GOALS
I am here because I was invited. I like to attend any party I'm invited to. I'm not interested in changing my eating habits.
1. I'm trying to schedule going to the gym again. I've missed the activity. I think I can start this week.
2. Work on medium intensity cardio (for fitness) and weights (especially shoulder phys. therapy).
3. A couple of the other things. Like maybe the water.
Post a Comment